Information You Provide Us
You may visit the Site without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, if you choose to contact us through the Contact Us link in our Site footer, or by emailing us at [[email protected]
], we may collect certain personal information including your name, company name, email address, telephone number, as well as other information you may choose to submit as part of the inquiry process. By choosing to contact us through the Contact Us link you consent to the collection of this information. We will not collect any personal information without your consent.
When you register for CariClub account as a user who wants to join nonprofit boards, we may collect information from you that may include your name, company name, email address, telephone number, as well as other information that you submit as part of your profile.
The information you provide us must be accurate and up to date. We may verify or validate the information that you provide us through third parties.
Information Automatically Collected
We (or service providers acting on our behalf) may collect information about how you use our Site or our services. This information includes information that may identify you, as well as statistical information ("Analytics") that does not identify you. Some Analytics may be correlated with your account information. Usage information may include:
- Device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, and unique [IP address])
- Device event information such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings;
- Locale preferences;
- Date and time stamps associated with transactions;
- System configuration information;
- Other interactions with our Site.
Protecting Children's Privacy
This Site is not designed nor intended for use by children under the age of 18 ("Minors"). We do not knowingly collect information from Minors. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any information to us.
- Session cookies: These temporary cookies expire and are automatically erased whenever you close your browser window. We use session cookies to grant our users access to content and to enable actions they must be logged in to do.
- Persistent cookies: These usually have an expiration date in the distant future and remain in your browser until they expire or you manually delete them. We use persistent cookies to better understand usage patterns so we can improve the Site for our users. For example, we may use a persistent cookie to associate you with your user account or to remember your choices on the Site, but this only works when cookies on our Site are enabled.
- Third party cookies: We may permit limited third parties to place cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a user's online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our Site. For example, we may use analytics service providers like Google Analytics to analyze usage patterns of the Site. These providers generate a cookie to capture information about your use of the Site which is then used to compile reports on Site activity for us and to provide other related services. These providers may use a portion of your IP address to identify their cookie, but this will not be associated with any other data held by these providers.
Use of Information
We may use aggregated data (independent of any personal identifiers) for research and commercial purposes. This information includes what areas of our Site our users visit most frequently and what services they access most often. This information helps us develop a better Site that is more useful and accessible to you.
We may use your information to enable you to access and use the Platform and to enable you to connect with and communicate with other Members
We may use your information to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
We may use your information to send you marketing, advertising, and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information about CariClub, our services, or general promotions for partner campaigns and services.
We may also use your information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with Third Parties.
Disclosing Your Information
We may reveal information about you to affiliated third parties:
- If you request or authorize it;
- To help facilitate a board membership connection for you. This includes but is not limited to: sharing information between an organization with board opportunities and any user who expresses an interest.
- We may disclose your aggregated, or otherwise non-personal information, including but not limited to hours, outcomes, areas of advocacy, and other information you choose to share with us.
Accessing Your Information
We utilize reasonable administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect information against unauthorized access, misuse or disclosure. All password recovery procedures conform to email recovery best practices; however, information sent by email is not secure. We do not guarantee absolute security of your information.
You also play a role in protecting your information. Please safeguard your username and password and do not share them with others. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security. We reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in our sole discretion.
Links to Third-Party Sites
in our Site footer or to send us an email at [[email protected]